Gagnon resigns as children’s services director, resumes received
Opportunity Center Superintendent Lew Hurst relayed to Seneca County Board of Developmental Disabled members how the Opportunity Center is already displaying strong customer service recently presented at the Ohio Association of County Board’s Conference he attended. Staff members all greet individuals at the door welcoming them to the facility everyday and escort them to their transportation at the end of the day.
Board president Dave Shelton presented a letter from the Ohio Department of Developmental Disabilities proclaiming that the School of Opportunity had again been granted a three-year accreditation for the facility.
Board members unanimously approved renewing employment contracts to Hurst, Superintendent; Richard Williams, Director of Business Operations; Natasha Hiser-Purkey, SSA Director; Ron Davidson, Transportation Director and Patrick Del Turco, Investigative Agent.
Nine resumes have been received to fill the Children’s Services Director position following the resignation of Rick Gagnon effective in August.
Gagnon informed board members that the Loyal Order of the Moose donated $700 to be used where necessary. The organization wanted to especially thank the Fostoria United Sportsmen Club and the Ohio State Moose Association Trap Shoot.
Hurst noted that 15 veterans were joined by 40 family members for the annual Veterans Picnic at Meadowbrook Park.
Board member Sandy Hallet recognized the Tiffin Park and Recreation Department for assisting with upkeep at Opportunity Park and that the Opportunity Center clients are invited to swim at Hedges- Boyer from 11 am- 1 pm, Tuesdays and Thursdays.
In other action, board members:
• Accepted the financial report.
• Recognized Jan Young on the occasion of his retirement after serving 17 years as a bus driver and maintenance mechanic.
• Approved the ceiling of $750 per individual for family support services effective July 1, 2019- June 30, 2020.
• Approved the revised policy regarding family support services .
• Approved the wage changes, adjustment to substitute and stipend rates and the adjustment to the wage ranges and classifications recommended by the personnel committee.
• Was noted that the construction at the center is including the dismantling of the original greenhouse.
The 169 board meets 4:30 pm July 9.