RESULTS POLICY: Coaches turning in results for any sport are reminded to use full names for all athletes. Handwriting must be legible. Photos of scorebooks must be in focus and well lit. Records should be included. Results for high school and college events must be turned in that day by 9:30 p.m., barring extenuating circumstances (overtime, late start, etc.). All other events must be turned in by 8 p.m. Results can be turned in via E-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, fax at (419) 447-3274, telephone at (419) 448-3250 or in the drop box by the paper’s front door at 320 Nelson St. Results must be turned in the day of the event. Depending on time constraints, games and events turned in which do not include full names or are turned in late may not have recaps written about them. Results which are unreadable will not be included in the paper.
PREP VOLLEYBALL: Three Bellevue players tallied double-doubles Tuesday in a 25-16, 15-25, 25-21, 25-19 win against Galion. Molly Bullion’s 37 assists, 16 digs and three aces led the charge for the Redmen, Payton Vogel registered 20 kills, 11 digs and three blocks, and Taylor Baxter had 12 digs and 10 kills. McKenna Davis and Kami Hay each backed them with nine digs, Riley Mohr drilled seven kills, Beyah Garcia smacked four kills and Madison Hrynciw served three aces.
PREP SOCCER: Mansfield’s girls slipped past Columbian 2-1 Tuesday. The Tornadoes snapped a scoreless tie on Taylor Kryzyzak’s goal, but Mansfield tied the game shortly after that and added a goal in the second half. Koryn Morlock stopped nine shots for Columbian.
JV VOLLEYBALL: Carey beat Seneca East 25-17, 25-14. Hannah Visignano had four assists and three aces for Carey.
* Old Fort beat Clyde 25-20, 25-12. Jordan Reineck tallied 13 digs for the Stockaders, Riley Lehner had 10 digs and four kills, Kara Davidson lined five kills and Christa Kuhn belted four kills.
* Colonel Crawford beat Upper Sandusky 25-18, 25-19.
* Van Buren beat Lakota 25-12, 25-11.
* Buckeye Central topped Wynford 25-8, 25-20.
FRESHMAN VOLLEYBALL: Madison Nesselhauf smacked six aces and five kills to lead Old Fort past Clyde 25-9, 25-15. Katie Reiter drilled four more kills for the Stockaders.
GOLF: The New Riegel Athletic Boosters will hold the Teresa Kessler Scholarship Big Cup scramble Sept. 9 at Fostoria Country Club. The event tees off at 9 a.m. All holes will have eight-inch cups except for the par 3s. Baumann Chevrolet-Buick-GMC of Tiffin will sponsor the par-3 hole-in-one contests. Cost is $200 per four-person team, which includes golf, cart, lunch, skins and hole-in-one contests. The deadline to enter is Sept. 2. To enter, call (419) 934-0227 or (419) 310-0553.
* The 10th annual PCA Tour is Sept. 9 with registration beginning at 7:30 a.m. and the shotgun start at 8 a.m. There is a luncheon to follow. It’s $50 per player. Call Steve at (419) 618-3277 for more information. Monetary donations can be mailed to Prostate Cancer Awareness Fund C/O Mike Reser 1705 Lakeview Dr Tiffin, OH 44883. For door prize donations, text or call Laura at (419) 689-1665.
* A two-man, four-ball scramble is Sept. 1 at 8:30 a.m. at Lakeland Golf Course. It starts at 8:30 a.m. with a shotgun start. It’s $50 per person with a cash payout. Contact (419) 894-6440 with any questions.
* Bump’s Traveling Group’s next outing will be at Sycamore Springs near Arlington at 10 a.m. The drawing for teams will begin at 9:45 a.m.
TIFFIN CARNIVAL: The Columbian Athletic Department and Athletic Boosters seek volunteers for the 50th annual Tiffin Carnival races Sept. 8. For volunteers who would work the full meet, the athletic department will offer volunteers an all athletic event pass for home Tornado athletic contests. If interested, call Michelle Boehler at (567) 207-7884.
BARBECUE: Charlie K’s will hold a chicken barbecue Sunday and Sept. 2 at TSC in Tiffin. Serving starts at 11 a.m. each day. Meals cost $10 and include a half chicken with three sides.
5K/FUN RUN: Sept. 3 is the 45th annual Fisher-Titus Medical Center 5K and Fun Run races at Milan Elementary School. It starts at 8:30 a.m. for the 1-mile fun run and 9 a.m. is the 5K race. It’s $15 pre-registration and it’s $20 the day of the race with 250 T-shirts going to the first 250 entries. For more information, contact Randy Foster at (419) 961-0243 or register online at www.edisonxc.com.
JUNIOR HIGH VOLLEYBALL: Seneca East’s eighth grade beat Carey 25-20, 25-18 as Hillary Bogner had nine aces and four kills for the Tigers, while Abby Sturgill served six assists, Lexy Bloom smashed three kills and Kaitlyn Best finished with five assists.
* Carey’s seventh grade beat Seneca East 25-21, 25-19. Hannah Chaffee had three assists and three aces for SE, while Caroline Kagy added four aces and a pair of kills and Abbi Drosky ended with a pair of kills.
JV SOCCER: Upper Sandusky beat Edison 3-0. Ben Patchett, Owen Mawer and Nevin Boes each scored a goal.
VARSITY BOYS GOLF: Upper Sandusky stayed unbeaten with a 169-179 Northern 10 Athletic Conference win over Ridgedale Tuesday at New Winchester. Trevor Clifford led the Rams with a 40, while Owen Knapp had a 42, Isaiah Washburn added a 43 and Evan Young finished with a 44. Benjamin Latham (47) and Gavin Carey (65) also played for the Rams (7-0, 3-0 N10).